Last Revised: August 30, 2017
Thank you for choosing NaskMe. We’re delighted you’re here.
1. Use of the Software. In addition to Company’s terms and conditions set forth below, You agree and acknowledge that Your use of the Software may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the device manufacturer, provider or carrier for the Mobile Device (as defined below) on which You download, access or use the Software, which are not governed by this Agreement. In addition, when using particular functionalities and features that are part of the Software, You may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules applicable to such functionalities and features (“Additional Terms”), which may be posted from time to time and are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement. To the extent additional functionalities and features are provided to us by any of Our partners, the additional terms that govern Your use of such functionalities and features are not incorporated into this Agreement, but shall govern Your use of such functionalities and features, and You hereby agree to comply with and be bound by such terms as a condition to Your access and use of such functionalities and features. This Agreement shall govern any corrections, bug fixes, enhancements, updates or other modifications to the Software (collectively, “Upgrades”) provided by Company, except to the extent such Upgrades are accompanied by a separate license, in which case the terms of such license will govern.
2. Limited License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company hereby grants to You a terminable, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonsublicenseable license to use, perform, and display the Software on a compatible mobile computing device (e.g., an iOS or Android-based smartphone or tablet) that You own or control (Your “Mobile Device”), solely for Your personal, non-commercial use in accordance with this Agreement. This license does not allow You to use, perform, or display the Software on any device that You do not own or control, and You may not distribute or make the Software available over a network where it could be used by more than one device at the same time.
3. Usage Restrictions. You may not use, copy, modify, download or transfer the Software or any component of the Software, in whole or in part. You may not reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate the Software, attempt to derive the source code of the Software, create any derivative work from the Software, or authorize any third party to do any of the foregoing. Any attempt to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations under this Agreement is void. You may not rent, lease, loan, resell for profit, or distribute the Software, or any part thereof, nor may You provide access to the Software for third parties in the nature of a service bureau or application services provider. You may not remove or alter any proprietary notice or legend regarding Company’s proprietary rights in the Software. You may not use the Software except in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Further, You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to use the Software. If you are not 13 years old, you may not use the Software.
6. Responsibility for Telecommunications Charges. By accessing and using the Software with Your Mobile Device, You acknowledge and agree that You may incur fees from Your mobile communications carrier, such as data usage fees, and You are solely responsible for the payment of such fees.
8. Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights. The Software is licensed to You, not sold. As between You and Company, You acknowledge that Company and its licensors own and retain all proprietary rights in the Software (including all Upgrades thereto). The Software includes copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information (“Intellectual Property”) of Company, and its licensors. There are no implied licenses under this Agreement, and all rights not expressly granted are hereby reserved. You agree that any questions, comments, or suggestions (collectively, “Feedback”) that You send to Company shall become the sole property of Company. You further agree that Company shall be free to use and exploit in any manner any ideas, concepts, know-how, methods, or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose without Your consent and without payment of any consideration to You, You hereby assign all rights, title and interest in such Feedback to Company.
9. Third Party Trademarks and Content; Copyright Agent. You acknowledge that the Software may display information, advertisements, media and trademarks provided to us by third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, currency, suitability or quality of Third-Party Content and shall have no liability to You in connection with Third-Party Content or in connection with any product, service or other offering described herein. You may not reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, or distribute any Third-Party Content.
Company respects the intellectual property rights of third parties. In the event that You have a good faith belief that Your copyrights have been violated by the use or display of certain content within the Software, it is Our policy to investigate and promptly undertake efforts to resolve the issue. To notify us regarding an alleged copyright violation, You must provide us with all of the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iii) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which You may be contacted; (iv) a statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (v) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, You must provide it to Company’s designated agent at:
NaskMe, LLC Copyright Agent
120 Rees Pl
Falls Church, VA 22046
11. SMS Text Messages. The Software includes certain functionalities and features that allow the end users of the Software to send or receive text messages, including to other end users of the Software. You consent to receiving such SMS text messages. The Software also includes certain functionalities and features that allow You to synchronize the contacts in the Software with the contacts in Your Mobile Device. You consent to the access of Your contacts on Your Mobile Device by the Software in connection with such functionalities and features.
12. End User Provided Materials. Company makes no warranty, representation, endorsement, or guarantee regarding any information uploaded to the Software by Your or the end users of the Software (the “End User Provided Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for the End User Provided Materials, and Company shall have no liability to You or the end users of the Software in connection with any such End User Provided Materials.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Software is provided by Company on an “as-is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Company hereby disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, in connection with this Agreement, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purposes, quiet enjoyment, non-infringement, system integration, data accuracy, and any warranties arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or trade usage. Without limiting the foregoing, You acknowledge that Company does not represent or warrant that the Software will meet Your requirements, that the Software will be error-free, that errors in the Software will be corrected, that any content or information displayed within the Software will be accurate, complete, reliable, or error-free, that the Software or any materials available for download via the Software will be free of viruses or other harmful components. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to You.
14. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Company be liable to You or to any third party for any consequential, indirect, incidental, special or punitive damages in connection with this Agreement, including loss of profits, lost or corrupted data, or business interruption, regardless of whether Company was or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages, and regardless of the nature of the claim or the theory of liability, whether arising in contract, tor, strict liability or otherwise. In no event shall Company be liable to You, in aggregate for all claims arising in connection with this Agreement, for monetary damages in excess of one dollar (U.S. $1.00).
(In addition, to the extent permitted under applicable laws, You hereby release Us from any liability related to (i) any loss or damage arising in connection with content transmitted through the Software, including, without limitation, any incorrect or inaccurate information, (ii) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Software, (iii) any problems or technical malfunction of any telecommunications network, computer network or systems, equipment or Software, (iv) any error, omission, interruption or delay in operation of the Software or related services, and (v) any loss, destruction, theft, modification or unauthorized access to any content transmitted using the Software. If You are a California resident, You hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: “A General Release does not extend to claims which the Creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the Release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
You understand that the foregoing limitations of liability are an essential basis of this Agreement, and without this limitation of liability Company would be unwilling to grant You the license and rights granted under this Agreement.
15. Contract Parties. You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is a contract directly between You and Company. You acknowledge that third-party business providers, including Apple, are not a party to this Agreement and shall have no obligations or liabilities to You or to any third party in connection with this Agreement. You agree, however, that with respect to the iOS version of the Software, that Apple is an intended third-party beneficiary of this Agreement and shall have the authority to enforce this Agreement against You, including, without limitation, the disclaimers and limitations of liability set forth in this Agreement.
16. Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
17. Indemnity. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Company, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against all damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) in connection with any claim brought by a third party and arising in connection with Your use of the Software and/or Your breach of this Agreement.
18. Termination. The Agreement will be in effect as of the date You accept this Agreement, or as of the date You first install or use the Software, whichever first occurs. You may terminate this Agreement and the license granted to You with respect to the Software at any time by removing the Software in its entirety from Your Mobile Device. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice to You if You materially breach any term or condition herein. Upon termination, all rights granted to You under this Agreement will immediately cease. Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
19. Government End Users. Company is a “commercial item” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, all U.S. Government end users acquire Company with only those rights set forth herein.
20. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction; Informal Dispute Resolution. You agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws that would require the application of the laws of a different state. You also consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located within Virginia for all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement. You further agree that, prior to instituting any suit or action in any court, You will exercise reasonable efforts to resolve any disputes arising in connection with this Agreement through informal, good faith discussions with Us, and You will first permit Us a reasonable opportunity to resolve any such disputes before resort to any court proceedings.
21. General Provisions. This Agreement is personal to You, and You may not transfer, assign or delegate this Agreement to anyone without the express written permission of Company. Any attempt by You to assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement without the express written permission of Company shall be null and void. You acknowledge that Company will have the right hereunder to so seek an injunction, if necessary to stop or prevent a breach of Your obligations hereunder. The paragraph headings in this Agreement are included only to help make the agreement easier to read and have no binding effect. Any delay or failure by Us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver by Us shall have effect unless such waiver is set forth in writing, signed by Us; nor shall any such waiver of any breach or default constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between You and Company with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications or agreements. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the Agreement will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
22. Contact Information. If you have any questions about this Agreement and/or regarding the Software, please contact Company at the following address:
120 Rees Pl
Falls Church, VA 22046
Attention: Customer Service